- Went to a cabin the 1st to the 4th with my family - Dad, Mom, 4 sisters, 3 brother-in-laws, 12 nieces/nephews - noisy, hot, no air-conditioning, too much food - but family is family.
- Had a highschool graduation party for Joshua on the 6th. It was a perfect evening, the weather, the food, the people, the fun and most important he was blessed and honored.
- A birthday luncheon, an anniversary dinner and a committee meeting sprinkled in.
- A day at my house with my mom, my aunt, 3 sisters and 2 cousins. We tried to make old-fashioned rugs like our grandmother used to make. We didn't get very far, so in Sept. we will try again.
- Camping at Lake George, NY the 10th to the 13th. Jerry and I went kayaking for about 3 hours on the Schroon River. I loved it and am dreaming/planning to go on some daylong kayaking trips in the future (hopefully)
- Last day of physical therapy was on the 9th - My ankle is feeling good, still weak, but doing much better. I am having less pain overall, praise God. I am walking, biking (slowly and carefully) kayaking and savoring each moment of painfree movement I have. Generally free from constant sharp or burning pain, but still deal with a lot of discomfort and tiredness.
- I completed an online writing course and was pleased with the instructions and comments from the instructor. Now I am ready to finish writing the story (book, maybe) of our trip around the country, our accident, my injuries and the journey of my recovery.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
The first half of August has been very busy for me ... good, but busy.
Posted by Janet Oberholtzer at 8:10 PM