Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Roller Coaster of Feelings ...

Jerry is on his way to the Gulf Coast tonight. He will be gone for three weeks. I have had mixed emotions the last few days as he prepared to go and again today as I watched him leave. I am glad he can go and help, but I am not sure I don't need him here. I'm not sure our family is ready for this, then again none of those families affected by the hurricane were ready for it either. I have more than so many others have right now, I have a comfortable house, plenty of food, clean water to drink, family and friends close by. One moment I am thankful that he is a caring person who wants to help others. The next moment I am surprised that he left me and the boys for three weeks. One moment I feel I am still recovering and I need him, then the next moment I feel selfish for wanting him to stay home. It is a roller coaster ...

No comments: