Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving ... a phrase I heard and said many times the last few days. It has become so familiar, I don't even think about what it means. Maybe if I switch the words around .... giving thanks happily... now that sounds refreshing. I can give thanks happily. I am thankful for life. I am happy that I don't have to depend on my own logic or the logic of people to guide me on this journey of life, but I have a wise God that is always available. I am thankful for family and friends. I am thankful for two legs and feet to walk on. I am happy that God doesn't expect perfection. I am happy that I have a warm house to be in. I am thankful for warm blankets. I am thankful for people that have devoted their lives to making life better for others. I am thankful for good coffee, chocolate and wine.

Have a great weekend and give thanks happily!

No comments: