Wednesday, December 28, 2005

There's a crack in everything ...

"There's a crack in everything and that's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

I keep that quote handy in my mailbox. It gives me a sense of contentment and always makes me smile. And I feel proud of myself every time I read it. Proud--because I'm a little bit strange and I run with it.
There are a lot of little wacky, off-balance things in my personality, and sometimes I consider chasing them away. I get concerned that someone else might think they're a little too strange. But then Leonard Cohen's words remind me that, even though some people might consider them "cracks" in my personality, the cracks are how the light gets in. And in my case, that light makes me creative, and (I think) a pretty interesting person.
So, if you think you're different--if you worry about whether there are too many "cracks" in your behavior--don't change. That's how the"good stuff" gets in. - Suzanne Beecher

I recently came across this from Suzanne Beecher at www.dearreader.com/
I like the quote and what she has to say about it.

PS. www.dearreader.com/is a fun thing to join. Sign up for any of the 12 different email book clubs and every day she'll send you a 5-minute sample from a book. By the end of the week, you'll have read 2-3 chapters. If you like the book, you then pick up a copy to finish it. It lets you sample many different types of books. As a reader, I like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,I don't know you, either, but thanks for the comment on my blog site. I actually read The Divine Romance by Gene Edwards just a couple months ago. I loved it. And I know that God loves me. But sometimes there are "dark nights of the soul," if you know what I mean. Anyway, I was feeling a lot of spiritual oppression last night. But God is and will prove Himself ever-faithful!