Friday, October 20, 2006

Big Event in Morgantown - Philip Yancey

I am very excited that on Saturday, October 28th, there will be a world-class author about a mile from my house. Philip Yancey is coming to Twin Valley High School is here for an evening speaking event from 7 to 9 pm. It is a fund raiser for Bridge of Hope, a great organization that helps single moms with education and housing.

Some of the best-sellers he has written are What's So Amazing About Grace?, The Jesus I Never Knew or Rumors of Another World, and his latest book, Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?. He has also written Where is God when it Hurts? and Disappointment with God

To purchase tickets: email me or call me 610-913-1044, or call Bridge of Hop at 866-670-HOPE

Jerry knows how much Yancey's writings have helped me process the trauma of the accident, so he secured me a spot in an afternoon living room conversation with Yancey from 2 to 4 on that Saturday. There will be only 16 of us that get to enjoy a conversation with him that afternoon :)

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

Hope you had a great time - perhaps I'll look up some of his writings too.