Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Third Thirsty Thursdays on the Thun Trail

Say that title 5 times fast :) Third Thirsty Thursdays is a race that is run once a month from May to September on the Thun Trail in Reading, PA

Had a great time last week running my first 5K (3.1 miles) with others from our running club. It was at 7pm and still hot (close to 80 degrees) It was hard work, but I did enjoy myself. Felt better than I thought I would. I was sore the next day, but not too bad. I'm constantly looking for that 'line' of pushing myself, but not too far. I've had too much pain and have no desire to hurt myself, but want to do as much as I can.

Finishing!
Five years ago this week - my life hung in the balance. Praising God for the amazing way he created us, so our bodies can heal from trauma - maybe not back to the way things were, but well enough to do this!

No comments: