Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Knee Brace


I walked half a mile and ran a mile and a half on my treadmill today - further than I have since February 9th. The muscle beside my knee is feeling so-so. I wore this brace on it today and it felt a lot better than it has been. But I still had stop before I wanted to because of the pain :(

I signed up 5 teams - 20 people! - today for the Garden Spot Village Marathon Relay! When I decided to try and do a section of the relay, I figured it would be 1 team with 3 of my friends. Well, a number of other women were at a place in their life where they wanted to try running, so Linda and I started a Running Club for Beginners and now we have 5 teams in the relay! And the more, the merrier - Garden Spot is still taking sign-ups (just don't tell the local townships:) so find 3 running/walking buddies and join the party!

Meeting the race director, Scott and driving the course got me excited for race day, but I'm getting slightly worried about my sore muscle and how much running I will be able to do April 4th.
I have to keep reminding myself to take one day at a time!

No comments: