Sunday, November 22, 2009

Recipe - My first in a blog post

Need something fast, easy and healthy for breakfast? 
I just finished making four of these for our Monday morning breakfast. I got this recipe years ago from a group I joined as I was trying to lose weight after having three boys in five years. I've used it off and on over the years for quick, healthy breakfasts. My husband and boys like it also, so I make a few at a time.

Oatmeal Bar
(makes one bar - about 200 calories)

1/3 cup quick or rolled oats
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 package diet hot chocolate mix
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons water
1 pack artificial sweetener (optional)

Mix everything together (will be thick and sticky) and shape into a bar (roughly the size of a granola bar) Place on a piece of waxed paper, then wrap in aluminum foil and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw about 10 or 15 minutes before you eat it.

No comments: