Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from my family

For Christmas, I decided I wanted to post a picture of my boys, since they rarely (if ever) grace my blog. Apparently I need to pick up my camera more when they are around - because looking back over my pictures from this year, there's none of us as a family (and no one wants to take pictures now) The boys don't change as much from year to year as younger kids do, so I'm posting pictures we had taken for last Christmas ... by Char from Authentic You Photography.


Jonathan - now age 16. He looks happy in this picture, but he's even happier now - because he passed his driver's test this week
(yes, I'm praying ... a lot!)


Joseph - age 19. He's packing to leave for a week of snowboarding in CO this Saturday with a few buddies. He's making the most of his break from Penn State Berks, where he's studying Mechanical Engineering.


Joshua - age 21. With this job market and and him graduating from West Chester University (Communication Studies) in 2011 - our conversations the past few days since he's home have revolved around the question of what he will do then.


 With this picture, we could be a band ... if we could sing.

Merry Christmas to all!
May you find peace this season.

(even if the potatoes are lumpy, the same old
discussions happen or the house is messy)

8 comments:

Peter P said...

Your boys all look identical!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I appreciate you, Janet!

Jason said...

Merry Christmas!

Glynn said...

Merry Christmas, Janet -- and blessings to you and your family (and thanks for sharing them with us!).

IceMama said...

Beautiful family! You are truly blessed. Merry Christmas to the Oberholtzers...

Paladin said...

Fine looking clan. Merry Christmas, Janet. I've enjoyed reading your blog over the last few weeks. I appreciate all you put into it.

S. Etole said...

And a beautiful and blessed Christmas to you, too.

Anonymous said...

handsome sons!
i love the last "even if" line.

FaithBarista Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas, Janet! All the best in the new year -- so excited for you!

I love all the photos. esp. the family one at the end. how cool are you? .. I hope to look so stylin' when my boys are your boys' ages! beautiful family.