Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Peace and Beauty - 12 Days of Community

Peace - Beauty
At first, I found it odd, but now it makes sense to me. I've found that if I'm missing either peace or beauty in my life, I'm probably missing both. And if I look for one, I usually find both. They seem to live close together.

 View from a bench at French Creek State Park -
a favorite place of peace and beauty for me.

There's many places I find peace and beauty if I am intentional. Outdoors in creation is my first choice - trees, plants, water, along with the moon and stars.  There's beauty/peace in words, art, music and delicious food. 

It helps to be intentional as I go through life, taking deep breaths and allowing myself time to think about what my five senses are absorbing. (I figure there is a reason I've been created with five senses and I try not to waste any of them)  And whether I see the beauty of the moment first or peace comes over me first - the other soon follows. 

Peace and beauty - I need both to be fully alive and thankfully I usually find them together.

Recently I found both in a new place - online at 
Just ... a Moment a blog by S. Etole.

S. Etole combines words with beautiful photos and whenever I visit her site, I come away breathing lighter. Thank you S. Etole - for the way you brighten my world with peace and beauty. 

Celebrating Just ... a Moment today in the 12 days of Christmas Community hosted by High Calling Blog.

Click the box below to find out more about celebrating others this season ... 
Christmas Badge

7 comments:

S. Etole said...

You have blessed my heart and gifted my day in a major way. Thank you so very much.

Janet Oberholtzer said...

My pleasure! Love your site!


btw ... are you on Twitter?

S. Etole said...

Haven't ventured into the twitter realm yet...seems a bit like a foreign language!

stephy said...

This is really cool! I love the ways of celebrating community around Christmas.

L.L. Barkat said...

Agreed. I too recently found her. Or, I think she found me. :)

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Janet, thank you for following my blog and twitter! I look forward to getting to know you better. I have read some of your blog posts, and will do more catching up later, but I wanted to pause and say how inspiring your honesty is. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Unknown said...

Oh , I do heart Susan.